Sunday, April 20, 2008

Every good and perfect gift....


Our new living space. Entertainment center courtesy of our landlords, all other furniture courtesy of MCM friends, wall hanging courtesy of Noni and Otto and Gigi bought the rug. So many others have contributed gifts that have helped us set up house, and for that I am deeply grateful. We came to this country with about 20 boxes...most of them books. We knew we were going to have to trust God for everything else and I'm constantly baffled/amazed/smiling at a God who meets our every need and then some! The house is plenty big for visitors...so what are you waiting for? You know you've always wanted to come see what God's doing in South africa. Now is the time!

1 comment:

Paulette said...

God really is amazing! It is beautiful to see you 'walking by Faith and not by sight'.
Thinking about you living out in Africa, trusting God so much...it makes me feel so humble.
I know that God must have put it in your heart to go out there...but the fact that you LISTENED (not just heard Him) is a great testimony to me. Jana and I were out together this weekend and Jana always asks people (in our Small Group) 'So...what is God working on in your life?' (I have taken to copying her). When she asked me this weekend, I told her how God is working on me about being in the Word more. I recently went back to work and since I have been working I have not been making time for Him. And a while ago, I remember telling Jana that I feel like I am still a 'toddler' Christian and how I do not feel like I am ready to 'serve'...it just amazes me how the box I am putting myself in is so small. Especially when I look at what you have done. Laura, I will be praying for you and your family. And...I really think you should reconsider the monkey :-)